Flan

So today (2/08) is my brothers B'Day and he wanted me to make him 2 flans.  Flan is an egg custard.  I LOVE FLAN.  So I made him his flan, and made 1 for me also :p   You can get the recipe here, as well as other types of Spanish foods.  I LOVE SPANISH FOOD.  Of course it helps that I am Spanish :)

Your ingredients: 5 eggs, 1 can each of evaporated milk and condensed milk, 1 tblsp vanilla, 1 1/2 cups sugar.

Take the eggs, both cans of milk, the vanilla and 1/2 cup of sugar and mix it all up.







Take the rest of the sugar (1cup) and caramelize it.  Cook it slowly on the stove because you do not want it to burn.

  Once melted quickly pour it into your container and cover the bottom of your container.






Strain your mixture into the container.







Bake in a 350 degree oven for about an hour.  After 1/2 hour has passed check to see if it is done, by inserting a knife into the middle.  If the knife comes out clean its done, if not put it back in and wait a little longer.  If it starts to darken cover with aluminum foil.  Once done let it chill in the refrigerator till cold.  After that all you have to do is ENJOY your flan.  If you make it please let me know how it comes out.

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm.. making this later! It's sounds close to the recipe my mother in law makes and oh its soooo good!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...