DIY Carpet Refresher

I really do hate having carpet, I so much prefer wood floors. The house we bought had carpet and my family likes it.   The kids love to be able to lay on the floor, play , jump etc... They say woods floors are cold.

The problem is, that just vacuuming does not make the room feel clean or fresh.  I have used carpet refreshers before, but prefer not to since they have chemicals in them and my kids literally roll around on the carpet.
Here is a recipe I found on how to make you own.

DIY  Carpet Refresher
1 1/2 -2 cups of baking soda
20-30 drops of your favorite essential oils ( I used both Peppermint and Orange)
A container with holes poked out.  ( I used an empty Parmesan cheese container)

Put the baking soda into your container, add your oils, shake it till its mixed up pretty good.
Then all you need to do is sprinkle some on your carpets and vacuum.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...